Seshaiah… Seshaiah… That’s how Sri MahaPeriyava used to call Sri Neelamraju Venkata Seshaiah (editor of Telugu News paper – Ramanathi Goyeka’s Andhra Prabha).
Dr Lakshmi is the daughter of Sri Neelamraju Venkata Seshaiah. She shares many experiences of Sri MahaPeriyava that she had along with her father. Her husband who reached the lotus feet of Sri MahaPeriyava last year also has shared few of his experiences.
Dr Lakshmi’s family fondly calls Sri MahaPeriyava as SriVaaru. There are many soul stirring incidents that Dr Lakshmi nostalgically recollects… And, there are many informal incidents like “Periyava sitting next to them while the food is served to them”, “Periyava putting His Kayathu-Kattil upside down, lying on it and talking for hours”…
Hearing all these would make us envy her family 🙂
- “When SriVaaru’s Anugraham is there, the world is nothing to me” – Sri Neelamraju turned down an invite from German Government for a VIP Meet as Periyava did not want him to go.
- “My ambition is to touch YOUR FEET” – HE fulfilled Sri Neelamraju’s wish : WHAT A BLESSING! Sri Neelamraju reached HIS lotus FEET at the age of 87 on “Bheeshma Ekadasi”.
- “Meeting between Sri MahaPeriyava and Mahatma Gandhi” – Sri MahaPeriyava called upon Sri Neelamraju and told all the conservation that happened.
- “Periyava Pattina Pravesam” – HE suddenly visiting Sri Neelamraju’s house
- “Vaidhyanatha Periyava” cured Sri Neelamraju’s son from Epilepsy by rubbing on his backbone three times and that is the end of his epilepsy. And cured other ailments of Sri Neelamraju’s wife and their another son Muralidhar.
- “Periyava is Kamakshi” Dr Lakshmi concludes…
Dr Lakshmi’s husband was also reluctant to have darshan of Periyava. He had his first darshan of Periyava and did Namaskaram to HIM – and that was the end of his ego.
Sri Neelamraju Muralidhar (son of Sri Neelamraju) was a communist at first. When he first met MahaPeriyava, that one darshan, one sight… Sri Muralidhar did “Aathmaarpanam” and Thak-Shanam, Periyava became everything to him. He reached the lotus feet of Sri MahaPeriyava last year. He has been a blessed photographer who has clicked so many pictures of HIM.