Thanks to Sri Mahesh Krishnamoorthy for capturing Sri Ramani Bagavathar’s experiences with MahaPeriyava. Sri Ramani mama and his entire family are great devotees of Mahaperiyava and staunch followers of Sri Kanchi Matam.
This was not exactly an interview – this was a combination of personal experience and some pravachanam …
Some of the highlights:
- Mama is blessed to see Periyava in samadhi state – one of the few to see probably
- Breaking His vow of silence for mama’s song on Dakshinamurthy
- Spontaneously composing a stuthi on Periyava that was approved by Him too..here is the link to song
- Periyava as Vaideeswaran
- Periyava as vittal to another devotee
- Why go to mosque when we have all mantras?
- Mama and HH Pudhu and Bala Periyava
One more incident that mama did not cover in the interview. He mentioned later … Apparently this was told by HH Pudhu Periyava to mama.
“During early days of Pudhu Periyava, once Mahaperiyava fell sick due to stomach pain….He was suffering a lot….Pudhu Periyava could not see the sufferings and started doing some japam and transferred the stomach pain to a dharbai…..Dharbai started to jump up and down…After seeing this Mahaperiyava hurriedly said, “what are you doing? we are not here for doing these things….do not do these anymore…I have taken this body and let me go through all these sufferings…”
As you can see from his talk, he consistently samarpans all his success, fame, well-being to Periyava….