Sri T. K. Murthy – Sri Thanu Krishna Murthy (born 13 August 1924) needs no introduction – he is the 5th generation musician from his family. His great grandfather (mother’s grandfather) is Sri Neelakanta Sivan (1839-1900) – a great Carnatic composer. Sri T.K.Murthy has been presented with many titles and many many prestigious awards…
- He is a Padma Shri awardee
- Sangeetha Kalanadhi
- and many many more…
Above all, he is the most blessed human to be receiving an Anugraham from Prathyaksha Parameswaran HIMSELF,
“நீ நந்திகேஸ்வரர் மாதிரி வாசிச்சுண்டே, தீர்க்காயுசா இரு”
- DARSHAN AT HYDERABAD
- Periyava gave him the title “Mridanga Bhushan” and made him Aasthana Vidwan of SriMatam at the age of 20
- He confessed to Periyava about all his wrongdoings. Periyava said, “Since you realized your mistakes, you are free from it.”.
- “நான் தப்பே பண்ணாம இருக்கணும் -னு அனுக்ரகம் பண்ணுங்கோ” – asks Sri TK Murthy and Periyava blesses him
- Periyava gives him Nandikeswarar Prasadam and blesses “நீ நந்திகேஸ்வரர் மாதிரி வாசிச்சுண்டே, தீர்க்காயுசா இரு”
- Here, Prathyaksha Parameswaran blesses him as Naveena Nadikeswarar
- DARSHAN AT KALAVAI
- Periyava asks him to play Mridangam
- There was no one to put Thalam
- Periyava puts Thalam for Sambu Natanam and explains “Sambu Natanam is Parameswaran’s preethi thaalam”
- Here, Prathyaksha Parameswaran puts Thalam and Naveena Nadikeswarar plays mridangam
- DARSHAN DURING DEEPAVALI
- Periyava asks what did he play for “thaniyaavarathanam” today and he says he played for “Meenakshi Memudam” in Purvi Kalyani – the last composition of Sri Muthuswami Dikshitar. Periyava says do not sing that as Dikshitar left after singing that song. HE says, sing “Sri Subramanyaya Namaste”.
- Then, Periyava sings “Sri Subramanyaya Namaste”
- When asked how was Periyava Kural – Sri TK Murthy says “என்ன சாரீரம்; அதுவே வேற; அது மாதிரி கிடைகாது”
- Here, Prathyaksha Parameswaran sings and Naveena Nadikeswarar listens
Sri TK Murthy continues to play Mridangam at the age of 96 – all because of HIS blessings.
எனக்கு அவர் தான் தெய்வம்; வேற யாரும் தெய்வம் இல்லை – ஸ்ரீ TK மூர்த்தி