Periyava Puranam presents
Sri R Mullaivasal Krishamurthy Sastrigal – PART 1
Mahomahopadhyaya Brahmasri Mullaivasal R Krishnamurthy Sastrigal hails from a family of distinguished Vedic scholars and anuṣṭhātas and a special mention needs to be made of his own father Salakṣaṇa-veda-vidvān Brahmasri Rajagopala Ghanapatigal of Mullaivasal who had dedicated his entire life to the teaching of Vedas and was always seen revelling in the recitation of the Vedas, especially the Upaniṣads, the bhāṣyas, the Rāmāyaṇa and the Mahābhārata day and night.
Mahomahopadhyaya Brahmasri Mullaivasal R Krishnamurthy Sastrigal has taken us with him on a journey to the world filled with his experiences with MahaPeriyava.
Here is an introduction video :
- Mama’s appa Brahmasri Rajagopala Ghanapatigal of Mullaivasal was praised by Sri MahaPeriyava as “akAmahatha (one who has no desires to fulfill) Srouthigal”
- His appa was the first blessed one to receive Golden Thoda from Periyava
- Mama had his first darshan of Periyava in 1961
- Periyava was in Vijaya Yatra and was in Kanchipuram coming near Kachabeswarar temple and an elephant went into musth (யானைக்கு மதம் பிடித்தது). Periyava got down from the Mena and touched the elephant and it became clam.
- Mama describes Periyava as “Yogeeswarar” , ” Gnani” and further explains who is “Gnani” and who is “Yogi”
- Periyava honoured mama with the title “Veda Bhasya Ratnam” and mama regards that title received from Sarvagynar Periyava as the biggest award that he could get in his life.