Mahendravadi Sri Umashankar, aged 77 is an encyclopedia of ancient cities and temples of Tamilnadu. He has a plethora of knowledge about so many temples, Sthala
- “Pathangi” means one who had learned 4 Vedas and 6
Angamsof the Vedas. There were many such great learntscholars in Mahendravadi in ancient days.
- “Sathaaranyam” is Saptha Sthalam with Saptha Lingam (7 places) created by Saptha Rishis (7 Maharishis) in Arcot district/Ranipet area
- Karai – Gautama Maharishi
- Gudimallur – Athri Maharishi
- Vannivedu – Agasthiyar Maharishi
- Pudupadi – Bharathwaja Maharishi
- Veppur – Vashishtar Maharishi
- Visharam – Valmiki Maharishi
- Navlock (meaning 9 lakh thoppu) – Khashyapa Maharishi
- “Brahmadesam” – King Rajendra Chola attained Siddhi in Brahmadesam in Arcot district
- “VadaElupai” – Sri Seshadri Swamigal stayed in the “thinnai” of Sri Kumaraswamy Dikshitar’s house in VadaElupai. Periyava wanted to sit in that Thinnai. And HE asked, “Naan Seshadri Swamigal Madiri Aavena Da” to Kumaraswamy Dikshitar in VadaElupai.
- Significance of the places like “PerungKanchi”, “Seevaram”
- “Wallajabad” – Sri Thyaga Brahmam visited this place and stayed in His Sishya’s house for a month. He sang Kovur Pancharatham. He met Upanishad Brahmendral.
- “Periyava Aasirvadam” to Wallajabad
- “Periyava talking Politics” – acknowledging Indra Gandhi’s decision to send an army to Pakistan by emphasizing “நம்ம கலாசாரம் மறைஞ்சுது-னா, தாராளமா தலையிடலாம்” (when our culture is getting destroyed, it is ok to interfere)
- “Periyava taking care of Vedapuri” – sending mama to give Deepavali
vastramto Sri Vedapuri mama all the way in Esayanoor