Sri Neelakal Ramu Sastrigal holds a legacy in Kamakshi Amman Kovil Sthanika Parampara. They have been Sthanika in Kamakshi Amman kovil for generations and generations. He and his son Sri Shyama shares many experiences with MahaPeriyava and intricate details of Sri Kamakshi Amman Kovil.
- Mama did Veda Adhyayanam along with Sri Pudhu Periyava in Keezhambi and was blessed to learn from all senior vidwans like Polagam Sri Rama Sastrigal, Vepathur Sri Subramania Sastrigal, Sri Balakrishna Sastrigal, Sri Chidambaram Ranganatha Sastrigal, Sri SRK Sastrigal, Sri Prathiyangara Sastrigal & so on…
- He was blessed to learn ‘Vairagya Satakam’ of Bhartrihari directly from Sri MahaPeriyava
- ராமு-வ தயார் பண்ணதே நான் தான் … நான் குடுக்கறது தான் certificate – Periyava sent Sri Neelakal Ramu Sastrigal to start doing poojai to Kamakshi Amman
- Periyava instructed him to take Sri Vidhya Deekshai from Madras Guhananda Mandali Swami Sastrigal and instructed that Mama should NOT do Upadesam to anyone
- Mama shares incidents narrating anugraham of Vaidhyanatha Periyava curing eye problem and stomach problem of few bhakthas
- Periyava Kovam : Mama shares how Periyava subtly yet sternly said not to drink coffee
- Aadi Maasam 1st day – Coconut Milk Payasam tradition to the newly wedded – where the bride’s side gives it to the groom – Periyava made sure Sri Ramu Sastrigal was given Coconut milk payasam when he came for darshan with his wife on Aadi first day
- Kamakshi Amman Kovil : The pooja vidanam here hails from Durvasa MahaRishi ; conforming to Sowbhagya Chinthamini vidanam. Sri Adi Sankara Bhagavadpaadhal Sri Chakra Prathistai.
- Kamakshi Amman Kaasu Malai – Periyava made the Kaasu Malai and insisted not to adorn it on Her directly as it is heavy. Even now, the Kaasu Malai is adorned on Her by hanging it on the Thiruvaachi
- After doing Kumbabhishekam to Kamakshi Amman in 1944, due to Ration times, Periyava came to Kanchipuram every day from Esaiyanoor for Ambal darshan and returned back – all 48 days
- Periyava Sashtiapthapoorthi – After finishing His Nithya Poojai, at midnight, Periyava did Pradhakshinam to Kamakshi Amman Kovil
- Periyava’s anga-pradhakshinam to Ambal
- To Sri Neelakal Ramu Sastrigal – Periyava -na “SAKSHATH PARAMESWARAN”. He says when Periyava does poojai and turns around, the light in His eyes is so powerful
- Sri Shyama talks about Sri Durgai Sannadhi inside the kovil, Sthanika pooja routines and also about how Kamakshi Amman is close to Periyava’s heart
Leave a Comment