Smt Shyamala Mami & Sri Krishnaswami mama shares their experience with MahaPeriyava…
This interview has TWO significant incidents
- Through first incident , Sri MahaPeriyava teaches us the discipline of eating – AAKAARA NIYAMAM
- Periyava ordained mami to observe PAARAANA NIYAMAM* in her dream during Varalakshmi Vratam (around 1971-72) – *meaning, not to eat any outside food – only eat food cooked by self.
- Later, when mami had darshan of Periyava and asked about the dream, Periyava said “நீ இனிமே சுயம்பாகம் பண்ணிக்கோ” and asked mami, “உன்னால் இருக்க முடியுமோன்னோ?”. Mami replied, “எனக்கு சுயமா சக்தி கிடையாது, எல்லாம் உங்க அனுக்ரஹத்துல தான்”. Periyava blessed mami that day. She didn’t realize the fruit of that blessing until she had to observe the Paaraana Niyamam for a complete week from Monday to Sunday. She didn’t eat for a week, yet wasn’t weak – she says it’s is all HIS ANUGRAHAM!
- Mami & Mama has been observing PAARAANA NIYAMAM for decades now – didn’t even eat during their own son’s upanayanam, wedding… Mami even takes Arusi, paruppu when she visits her mother and cooks her own food at her amma veedu!
- Through second Incident, Sri MahaPeriyava melts us by HIS wisdom & humility at the tender age of 13 as a Peetathipadhi of Sri Kanchi Kamakoti Peetam.
- This incident dates back to 1907, when Krishnaswami mama’s thatha Sri Krishnaswami Iyer was a Lawyer in Kumbakonam
- At that time, there was series of thefts in SriMatam and many silverware went missing
- The manager then was spreading rumors that Periyava was giving it off to His family.
- IN DWAPARA YUGA, SRI KRISHNA WAS BLAMED OF STEALING THE SYAMANTAKA MANI. IN KALI YUGA, SRI MAHAPERIYAVA WAS ALSO BLAMED OF STEALING – a 13 year old Bala Sanyasi was blatantly blamed. Kumbakonam Vakkil Sri Krishnaswami Iyer brought the truth out and found that the Manager was the culprit. How did Periyava react to it and deal with the situation? Let’s listen to Shyamala mami narrate it. Sri MahaPeriyava has narrated this incident to Krishnaswami mama’s father and then to Shyamala mami & mama and then asked about it to their son too!
- உங்க தாத்தா இல்லைன்னா , நானும் அன்னிக்கு வக்கீல் குமாஸ்தாவா ஆகிற்பேன் – Periyava said to Krishnaswami mama’s appa & not only that, as a token of Gratitude, Sri MahaPeriyava conducted Krishnaswami mama’s appa Sadhabhishekam at Kamakshi Kovil and made him come in Elephant through the Raja Veedhi.
- Many many interviews come out…
- Many many devotees share their experiences…
- Many many incidents come to the limelight…
ALL THESE MAKE US WONDER AND YEARN (as Veezhi Mama rightly says) :
எங்க பாக்க போறோம், எங்க பாக்க போறோம், இனிமே பெரியவாளை எங்க சார் பாக்க போறோம் ! (Yenga pakka porom, yenga pakka porom, enime yenga pakka porom…)