On an auspicious Guru Poornima day, here is Umesh’s Samarpanam at HIS holy feet.
A Prologue from Umesh
Initiated on an Anusham day and completed on a Pradosham day
· When I met Smt Chitra Subarmanaiam at Ganesa Sharma mama’s gruham in Mylapore Anusham pooja, she wanted me to do a painting of Periyava she saw at Pradosha mama’s temple gruham that day morning.
· She said that she had prayed to Periyava that she would ask me to do this painting. And on the same day we met at Mylapore.
· Before start, thought to add Pradosham mama. But was indecisive on Orikkai backdrop. Messaged her about adding mama, pat came the reply that she was in Orikkai.
· For the entire painting, listened to Vikku mama’s experiences, Salem Ravi mama’s daily discourses.
· Started painting but had long breaks in between for reasons best known to Him. My amma and Smt Saraswathi Thyagarajan mami’s blessings helped to bounce back and continue.
· When my friend Jegan went for Periyava Jayanthi to Pradosham mama’s gruham, he had shown to Sri Sriram, Pradosham mama’s grandson, one of my earlier paintings of them.
· In June 2016, when Sriram anna was on a personal visit to Hyderabad, requested him to visit us. He obliged, visited us and saw my earlier painting and blessed for successful completion of current one.
· I truly believe that without Periyava and mama’s blessings, that golden moment would not have happened.
· Since was down with sinusitis, unable to attend our July Anusham pooja at Hyderabad. But with His grace could complete the painting on 17-July-2016 Pradosham day
· Blessed 1.5 years of journey doing Periyava and Pradosham mama painting.
HARA HARA SANKARA JAYA JAYA SANKARA