Joshi – This name repeatedly echoes in Periyava Puranam. Infact, Periyava Puranam is incomplete without the pages of Sri Balakrishna Joshi. His immense bhakthi and surrender to Periyava is repeatedly mentioned by many devotees and anukka thondargal of Periyava.
We are blessed to hear all about Sri Balakrishna Joshi from his wife, Smt Vasantha and his son Sri Sridhar Joshi.
Every happening in their house has been HIS Blessings. Sri Joshi has served Periyava both physically and has done many offerings as guided by Periyava…
- Joshi mami – Smt Vasantha offered her Blue Jager diamond Basseri for Kamakshi Ambal Kreedam
- Another diamond basseri for Chidambaram Nataraja Kreedam
- Green precious stones and ring for Chidambaram Nataraja Kunjithapadam (how did Periyava know their iron safe had green stones?)
- Joshi’s daughter – Prabha’s Mookuthi for Utsava Kamakshi Ambal
- Joshi’s daughter – Prabha’s Blue Jager Mookuthi on Periyava Siras on HIS siddhi
While these offerings were done as ordained by Periyava, Sri Joshi is know for
- offering the best fruits. Pazham -naale, Joshi dhan !
- giving Thaiyal Elai for Periyava all the time that Periyava used for eating, sleeping and even for His Kottaai
- bringing bottles and bottles of Honey
- buying batteries for torch lights
- most importantly, for more than 100 years till now, Joshi family offers a silver Ganapathi Vigraham at Kalavai during Vinayaka chathurthi right from Sri Joshi’s father’s time.
Vasantha mami shares more on how their son Sridhar was guided by Periyava to pursue CA (Chartered Accountant). Further, how their daughter Prabha was blessed by Periyava to get married.
While PART 1 gives us the overall sense of how Joshi family was totally drenched in Periyava Bhakthi, PART 2 soaks us in awe and in tears to see Joshi mama’s staunch devotion. Sri Balakrishna Joshi mama’s pages will be adorned with a golden book mark in Periyava Puranam!
Part 2 of this interview can be viewed here.