Sri Mahadeva Sastrigal turns 91 years young today. Our Namaskaram to him seeking his Asirvadham! This video has been taken 1 1/2 years ago and co-incidentally was seen few days ago (for no reason) only to discover thatha was born on Feb 20th 1926.
Here is an hour long video of Thatha from Thaneerkulam – Thathanoor village, reminiscing his experience with Sri MahaPeriyava… பெரியவா-னு சொன்னாலே, சப்த நாடியும் அடங்கி போய்டறது… பெரியவா மட்டும் தான் ஞாபகம் இருக்கு, says Thatha.
- Thaneerkulam Estates – Thiagaraja Mudhaliar did Golden Veenai as Samarpanam. Periyava used to play it every pradosham and that Golden Veenai is in Sri Matam
- Periyava certified thatha as “A Grade” : Thatha being a supervisor in Sri Matam used to ride 25 kms by bicycle every day across many villages and do Maaniya Vasool. Thatha’s wife is so devoted and she deposits the money immediately and makes sure that the money doesn’t even stay at their house for 24 hours.
- Periyava’s visit to Sri Sahasralingeeswar Kovil near Kalahasti… Meeting of Queen of England in Kalahasti… Periyava did Vishranti on that night in the sand of Swarnamukhi river as a Sasthram.
- Most important of all is, On Pradosha Kaalam, Periyava gave thatha “Darshan” as Parameswaran, Ambal, Ganapathi…
- Jan 8th 1994, Thatha was there when Periyava attained siddhi…