Sri Chandramouli Sastrigal lives in Canada, since 1996. He is the grandson of Sri Malaikottai Sethurama Sastrigal who has been very close to Sri MahaPeriyava. Chandramouli mama had his first darshan of Periyava in 1963 during his Upanayanam that was blessed and done in front of HIM. Since then, Sastrigal mama surrendered to the Holy Feet of Sri MahaPeriyava …
“நம்ம மடத்து குழந்தை” – What a special way to be addressed and pampered by Periyava? Periyava has showered so much Anugraham on Sastrigal mama… Mama, a very blessed soul indeed – What else could we say after listening to mama saying that:
- Periyava sang a Krishnar Paattu in Neelambari ragam to mama (and few others) in the midnight of Krishna Janmashtami day
- Periyava kept HIS HOLY FEET on Sastrigal mama’s head and asked mama “ரொம்ப கனமா இருக்கொட குழந்தை?”…
- Periyava blessed mama and Sri Salem Ravi to do Abhishekam on HIM with the holy water of the Ati Rudram conducted in Salem in 1993
Sastrigal mama narrates many interesting incidents like:
– Periyava guiding mama to do “Puthra Kameshti Yagam”…
– Periyava saving mama’s life by preventing him from taking up foreign opportunity in 1983
– Periyava’s Anugraham to Veda Patti who is the elder sister of Vazhuthur Rajagopala Sarma…
– Periyava’s Anugraham to Salem Rajagopalan (“Salem Periyava Gruham”)
Mama has been primarily based out of Salem before he came to Canada. He has been the sastrigal for all the MahaPeriyava Vaibhavam celebrated in Salem by Salem Ravi and Rajagopalan.
Above all, from 1977 – 1996, on the orders of Sri MahaPeriyava, mama took up a holy task of Performing “Shraddam” with “Homam” at people’s house without taking any money. Even after Mama moved to Canada, he brought the awareness on “Importance of Shraddam” to so many people and has been a driving force in conducting them.
Sri Chandramouli Sastrigal Mama is Founder President and Secretary of the Aathiparasakthi Temple, Scarborough, Ontario, Canada.
Our Hearty Thanks to Sri Baskaran Rajamani for all his efforts in bringing out such a great interview.
Hara Hara Sankara Jaya Jaya Sankara